City of Corpus Christi, Texas
The City of Corpus Christi’s Employee Performance Management Process is designed to:
- Communicate employee performance expectations and measure performance;
- Document and recognize superior employee performance;
- Continuously improve organizational employee performance.
To encourage exceptional employee performance of City employees, it is important for supervisors to:
- Lead by example. Meet with direct reports regularly throughout the cycle to establish expectations, identify and provide training and support, evaluate progress and document results;
- Ensure that managers and supervisors demonstrate and communicate this example throughout the organization;
- Ensure that end of year ratings are well documented and submitted for all employees in a timely manner.