City of Corpus Christi, Texas
This academy will equip you with essential management skills such as performance management, motivation, team development, interpersonal and communication skills, and time management to help you overcome the challenges of supervising people and adapt to unexpected changes.
The Organizational Development Division designed the training to enhance supervisor knowledge in order to provide foundational education in supervising city personnel as well as to cultivate future Division and Department Managers.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: The Supervisor’s Academy is exclusively for City of Corpus Christi employees.
HOW IT WORKS
- Register and complete HR 101 and Supervisor Strategies Session.
- Once you finish both courses, please complete the following form on this website to let us know when you have finished all the coursework so that we can begin verifying your completion and credentialize your participation:
- After completing the first two steps, you will graduate from the Supervision Academy.
- Employees who have previously completed the Supervisor Academy are not required to but are HIGHLY encouraged to participate in the updated Academy.
- Employees may complete these classes in any order.
About HR 101
This intensive 16-hour workshop provides you with the essential skills to effectively lead others in the workplace by giving supervisors specialized training in HR policies. You will leave with proven tools that will help you clearly define your role as a leader and master the fundamental skills that are essential to your success. Participation in this course is required for admission to the Supervisor Academy.
ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR STRATEGIES SESSION
In this 8-hour session, participants will learn strategies that enhance their supervisory skills and promote better employee performance.
Concepts in this session include:
- Understanding Employee Personalities
- Upholding Standards
- Effective Communication
- Performance Management
- Managing Conflict
- Employee Performance
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Organizational Development at LearningInstitute@cctexas.com or 361.826.3300.